Their feet are so weird looking. Never knew they looked like that.
#photography #picture #fly
Very Cool mushroom I found while in Amsterdam.
Phalaenopsis /ˌfælɨˈnɒpsɪs/ Blume (1825), known as the Moth Orchid, abbreviated Phal in the horticultural trade, is an orchid genus of approximately 60 species. Phalaenopsis is one of the most popular orchids in the trade, through the development of many artificial hybrids.
I took these images while I worked at a nursery a few years ago.
Florida’s Giant Orange Grasshoppers
Floridians has some pretty spectacular insects. You have to go looking for most of them, but it’s hard to miss the eastern Lubber grasshopper.
This giant, slow moving grasshopper’s bright orange, yellow and red colors are a warning that it contains toxins and will make any potential predator sick. If for any reason, you fail to heed the color warning and pick it up, the grasshopper makes a loud hissing noise and secretes an irritating foul-smelling foamy spray.
Tropical Orbweaver (Eriophora ravilla)
Eriophora ravilla belongs to a genus of primarily tropical species. Its range is largely circum-Caribbean, occurring in Florida, Louisiana, and Texas along the Gulf Coast of the United States; Mexico; throughout Central America; throughout the Greater and Lesser Antilles; the Bahamas; and in Colombia and Venezuela in northern South America. The extremes of its range are two disjunct records, one from Maryland in the U.S.A. and one from southeastern Brazil (Levi 1970).
White-tipped Black Moth – Melanchroia chephise
The White-tipped Black or Snowbush Spanworm (Melanchroia chephise) is a moth of the Geometridae family. It is found from Florida and Texas, south to Paraguay. Strays have been recorded from Arizona, Oklahoma, Arkansas, Kansas and Illinois.
The wingspan is about 33 mm. Adults are on wing from September to December.
Chlorophyllum molybdites on a muggy summer’s day.
Though poisoning cases are rare, the false parasol causes intense gastrointestinal distress in people and may be deadly to dogs and horses. Puppies and adult dogs that like to chew are especially at risk for ingesting the fungus.